1/1 Photo of Vegetable Brown Rice
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes for August/September 2004 Light & Tasty. It makes a wonderful side dish or with all the veggies and nuts it can stand alone as a light main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, scrubbed and cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 9 green onions, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1In a medium size saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- 2Add the rice and basil stirring well.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- 4In a large non-stick skillet, stir-fry the carrots, onion, and green onions in hot oil for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
- 5Add peas and salt; cook for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Stir in pecans, raisins and rice; heat through.
- 7Please note: If serving as a main dish the serving size yield will be less.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g