Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite comfort food. Tastes great fresh, but it also cans very well. I cannot use pepper; and I prefer low-sodium; but this soup is easy to season to taste either while still in the pot, or after serving
- 1 1⁄2 cups lean roast beef, diced
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup pot barley
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- Add broth, meat, vegetables and barley to large pot.
- Bring to just below boiling on medium heat.
- Reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
This was excellent and very easy to make!! I used 10 minute barley and stew beef instead of roast beef. The broth was very rich tasting. I'll be making this one again. Thank you for posting. Made for New Kids On The Block - tag game.