MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From about.com's Rachel Edelman. Polenta is delicious comfort food that tastes great with everything from cheese to tomatoes to mushrooms.
- Ready In:
- First, pour the cornmeal and 2 cups of the cold water into a large bowl. Whisk it so there are no lumps.
- Next, pour the remaining 4 cups of water and the salt into a pot, and bring to a boil.
- Now, gradually stir in the cornmeal and cold water mixture.
- Let the cornmeal and water simmer gently. Stir frequently, so there's no sticking. It will take about 30 minutes until it's very thick.
- At the end, mix in the butter.
- Butter a bowl for the polenta to cool. The polenta will take shape of the bowl after sitting for about 10 minutes.
- Once it's set, invert the polenta onto a flat plate. You can cut it into thick slices and top with tomato sauce and grated cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION