Recipe by Lennie
While not everyone likes cooked carrots or brussels sprouts, this tasty dish is still a great recipe to take to a potluck or serve as a second or third vegetable dish when you have guests. It's particularly good with turkey.
Top Review by PAT IN TEXAS
This is a great recipe. Could not find the fresh brussel sprouts, so used frozen ones. Did not boil them, just added to recipe. Next time will cut sprouts in half. A great company recipe.
- 2 cups sliced carrots, cut on the diagonal
- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook carrots and sprouts together in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Place veggies and liquid in casserole dish.
- Combine mayo, onion, horseradish, salt and pepper and spoon over veggies.
- Combine butter, bread crumbs and parsley and sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
- (If taking to a potluck, reheat quickly in the microwave just before serving).