1 hr 15 mins
Here is another hearty, filling stew. Good on a cold winter day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground round
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1In a large pot, add water; bring to a boil.
- 2Add potatoes, carrots, onion, bouillon granules and seasonings.
- 3Return to a boil; reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Combine ground round, breadcrumbs, egg, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 5Shape into 1-inch balls; add to pot of stew with sweet potatoes and parships.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 8Discard bay leaf.
- 9Stir in peas.
- 10Combine flour and cold water; stir into stew.
- 11Bring to a boil; stir and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Meatball Stew
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Sodium 676.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: