1/4 Photos of Vegetable and Cashew Stir Fry
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Edamame (green soybeans) are one of my favorite beans. The beans, along with the nuts, make this a pretty substantial dish with no need for tofu or meat. The veggies add lots of vitamin A & C. This is mildly flavored, suitable for a family. Add garlic and/or red pepper flakes and/or sesame oil for a stronger taste. Since BF is not fond of broccoli we substituted asparagus. Serve over white or brown rice. From a vegetarian "minute meals" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups red peppers, chopped
- 2 cups frozen edamame
- 2 cups broccoli florets or 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 inch gingerroot, grated
- 1/2 cup cashews, roasted and unsalted
- 1 cup scallion, chopped
- 1In medium saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2If the cashews are unroasted, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, sprinkle cashews on cookie sheet and toast for about 10-12 minutes or until they start to turn brown.
- 3Meanwhile, rinse edamame under cold water and drain.
- 4In a cup, stir together the broth, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- 5Heat the oil in a large wok or deep skillet (preferable nonstick) over high heat. Add the red pepper, edamame, asparagus (broccoli), carrots and ginger and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, or until asparagus (broccoli florets) is crisp-tender.
- 6Add the cashews and scallions and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- 7Stir the broth mixture to recombine and add to the vegetables. Bring to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, or until sauce is thickened and bubbly and the mixture is heated through. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable and Cashew Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 570.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: