Asparagus and Cashew Stir Fry
The combination of fresh asparagus and crunchy, salty cashews is a winner. As a side vegetable it goes well with simple grilled fish, pork, and poultry. Or, I've just sauteed some cubed, boneless chicken breasts to the skillet before adding the asparagus. It's delicious either way.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon nama shoyu
- Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus, and then slice diagonally into 2-3 pieces.
- Heat the oil together in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add the ginger and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus and stir fry until tender but still a tiny bit crisp, 4-5 minutes. Stir in the cashews and soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy! Thanks for this recipe. Yesterday asparagus showed up at the Farmer's Market for the first time this year, and this was the first dish I made with it. I served it with rice, and added veggie chicken chunks, which I cooked in the oils before adding the asparagus. Also, I used 1 tsp dried ginger since I didn't have fresh- I bet fresh really makes this incredible! I bet I'll find out sometime soon.Reply