Recipe by English_Rose
Healthy burgers, crammed with tasty beans, nutty-tasting rice, and homely veggies make a tasteful meal.
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, washed and drained
- 7 ounces brown rice, boiled
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- chili oil, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the carrot, onion, celery, garlic and leek in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, until soft - this should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and rice and mash everything together. Scatter over the parsley, and season to taste. Cool a little before shaping the mixture into round patties, about 2 1/2in in diameter and 1/2in thick.
- Heat a griddle over a medium heat with the remaining olive oil. Fry the vegetable burgers on both sides for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Break in the egg and poach in simmering water until the white is just set.
- Place 2 burgers in the centre of each plate and top with a poached egg. Drizzle with chili oil before serving.