Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
So yummy good! This salad is creamy, light and crispy, just in time for summer or a great brunch with the girls! I used Granny smiths but feel free to just toss in the favorite apple of yours instead!
- 1 lb of vegan chicken strips (I prefer Morning Side Chik n' strips)
- 2 apples (any variety)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups of soy vanilla yogurt (or plain for an unsweetened version)
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- 4 cups of shredded greens (I used spinach)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Start with thawed chicken strips and cut up into bite size pieces.
- Chop apples, celery and walnuts (if necessary). Mix with chopped chicken.
- Mix together soy yogurt and mayonaisse. Mix with chopped ingredients.
- Slice and add the greens that you chose. And add dried cranberries on top for an extra color before it is served if you want.
- And voila!
Very good simple recipe! I did forget celery and vegan chicken strips at the store. But it still turned out really great. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring PAC 2012
Using the vegan chicken strips was a new one for me, but wanted to serve this the other day when my vegetarian son & DIL were here, so . . . Surprisingly satisfying taste, too, & much enjoyed by all of us, especially with the toasted nuts AND the cranberries, which I was very generous with when adding them! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef] Want to know more about PAC? Click onto this link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
Really yummy! Walnuts and craisins make this <3