Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Dairy-free, Egg-free, moist and tasty spice cake.
- 354.88 ml flour (I used unbleached flour)
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml clove
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml oil
- 236.59 ml ginger ale
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Add vinegar, vanilla, oil, and ginger ale to the dry ingredients - stirring until just mixed.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8x8 cake pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
I made cupcakes using this recipe and they turned out really well. I never dared to make vegan cake (or cupcakes) before, because I was afraid they would turn out to have the consistency of a brick. Now however I'm addicted to (making) cupcakes. Several of my friends could not believe these cakes were vegan.
OMG...Big Hit..Big Hit...I have tried so many vegan cake recipes.blah..
But this one is delightful..The cake came out fluffy..moist..crusted along edges. My non-vegan eaters ate this in minutes..LOL..they had no idea was vegan...Next time I am going to add some dried fruit...or a vegan cream cheese topping...add some hot choc nut or rice milk for drink...nice desert...
Thank you for a great recipe!
Delicious spice cake. Very fluffy and moist!