Lindsey Lawrence's Note:
My friend made this gravy for our Thanksgiving potluck...we put it on our potatoes, stuffing...everything. It is an easy recipe to follow and takes mere minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 slices yellow onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 -6 white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- flour (optional) or cornstarch (optional)
- 1Pour the oil in a saucepan and heat.
- 2Add garlic and onions and saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add the flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce, stirring constantly until it makes a think, thick sauce.
- 4Gradually stir in the water and add spices.
- 5Keep adding cornstarch or flour until it is the right thickness for you!
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.6
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1041.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g