Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy, whole wheat vegan blueberry muffins.
- 295.73 ml all purpose flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 73.94 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml soy milk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml ground flax seed
- 44.37 ml water
- 236.59 ml blueberries
- Mix 1 Tbsp ground flax seed with 3 Tbsp water. Set aside.
- In one bowl combine all the dry ingredients and mix together.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients and stir around.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients together with 1 cup blueberries and mix until combined but not smooth. Do not over mix, few lumps are absolutely fine.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin pan filling each tin 3/4 full. Bake 20 min in the oven preheated to 375°F.
I absolutely had to have a vegan muffin this past weekend when, during a park-wide garage sale, we had a table laid out with a variety of muffins as a lure for prospective buyers! And, since I knew there were several vegan neighbors around, well . . . Anyway, I used frozen blueberries for these & the finished product had a wonderful taste! I especially liked the use of whole wheat flour in them! Very nice! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]