Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins
This is from my mom's cookbook. She claimed it was the popular Jordan Marsh muffin that we all loved so much.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups blueberries, coated with
- sugar, for topping
- With the mixer on low speed, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until well blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the blueberries by hand until well mixed into the batter.
- Grease the muffin tin well, including the top.
- Pile the batter high in each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle each generously with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was looking for the Jordan Marsh to see if it had been posted already as I have been using my recipe for 20 years and love it - my version had 1 1/4 cup sugar and 2 eggs, but it's pretty much the same recipe as yours. I got it from the Providence Journal back around 1985 or so. The sugar sprinkled on top gives it such a nice crunch. Thank you for posting it! YUM!!!Reply