Recipe by Vino Girl
From Vegetarian Times (June 2005)
Top Review by yogachica
SO YUMMY. I did half and half of olive oil and vegan margarine instead of all 1/4 margarine. I would have liked it to rise more but the top came out crispy and the rest super moist. Mixing the frozen blueberries with the batter turned the batter blue, but other than that they look great. I topped it off with a crumb topping of 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 3 tbsp margarine before baking and that made it even tastier. Try it :)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (soy or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together until moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups. Each should be filled 3/4 full.
- Bake 35 minutes or until the tops are firm.
- Cool on a wire rack.