Vegan Apple Crumb Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil the bases of 24 muffin tin compartments. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook the ingredients for the apple mixture over a med heat for 4-5 minutes, until just slightly softened.
- Stir together ingredients for the Crumb topping in a med size bowl. Be careful to not overmix. Set aside. In a seperate large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a third bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and gently mix until just combined. Gently fold in apple mixture to the batter. Be carefult o not over mix as you will lessen the leavening.
- Fill in muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each with crumb topping- abt. 1 tbs.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, turning the pans halfway through the baking process. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.