Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
It is really easy to make. I use deep dish pie crust. I found this recipe from a co-worker cookbook. It calls for can of Veg-All, I use a bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can Veg-All, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts, thawed (deep dish)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Cover with top crust; crimp edges to seal.
- Slit top crust and brush with egg.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Family loved it! It was easy to make and that is what I am always looking for. Simple with great flavor!
I have made this recipe for years. It is very easy and we have always enjoyed it. For the top crust I buy the crust that is not in a pan. There is always extra dough left so I roll it out and use cookie cutters and add 4 cute designs to the top of the pie. I am making one today for a sick friend and will use Christmas cookie cutters. People are really impressed and think you worked really hard!