Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy peasy fluffy spongy cupcakes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees Celcius and line cupcake pans.
- Sift cake flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white until its frothy, gradually add sugar while whisking in the highest speed.
- Add egg yolks one at a time while whisking, then the softened butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add cake flour and baking powder mixture. Continue mixing until texture is well combined and smooth.
- Pour mixture into cupcake pans and bake for 12-15 minutes.