Potato Chip Pie Crust
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups potato chips
- Mix milk, sweetened condensed milk, egg, and butter in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over potato chips and toss periodically over the span of five minutes so that the potato chips have time to absorb some of the liquid.
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the chips from the liquid and line the pan with the chips, going all the way up the sides of the pan.
- Fill the pie with whatever pie filling you plan to use and bake according to the instructions for that pie recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!