Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This no bake and gift cookie is from www.MightyCool.com and these are - TO DIE FOR! Try 'em, they're ADDICTIVE! Make ahead, and store in an airtight container(we don't want the tantalizing vapors to vanish!) for at least a week, to enjoy these BEST! Pls. note- Brandy or Bourbon can be substituted for Rum. Also, pls. note - the yield is a guess. Honestly, I feel it depends to a gigantic extent on your power to resist these:)
Top Review by kristi ward
You are right Charishma...these balls are very addicting! I made them for a Christmas party and my roomate snuck off into her room with the container. Between the two of us, ther was none left for the party! I will make these again next year. They were also super easy to make and I liked the fact that I didn't have to bake. Thanks for a great new recipe.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (150g)
- 3 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (Crush vanilla biscuits and use if you dont get vanilla wafers, 300g)
- 4 tablespoons dark corn syrup or 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum (more or less, depending on personal tastes)
- extra cocoa or ground chocolate, to roll the rum balls in
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, sift together the cocoa and confectioners' sugar.
- In a food processor or blender crush/crumble the vanilla wafers.
- Add the crushed vanilla wafers to the sugar mixture and combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch (2. 5 cm) balls with your hands.
- The balls should hold together easily and retain their shape.
- If the mixture is too dry to hold together or too wet to form balls, you can easily adjust the consistency by adding rum/sugar accordingly.
- Sprinkle the extra cocoa or ground chocolate on a flat surface and roll the balls in to coat.
- Have 'em on your cookie tray this year and watch 'em vanish before you know it!