Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My son just loves this fudge. I believe it is from an old church cook book. It reminds you of a maple type fudge.
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 6 ounces Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Bring all ingredients except vanilla and nuts to a full boil and time boiling for 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into greased 8" pan.
- Cut into squares before it cools completely.
- Store in air tight container.
The recipe seemed a little vague. Do I stir? While boiling? Before Boiling? I did this my normal way, stirred til it boiled over low heat, then left it to boil for exactly 4 minutes, as the recipe stated. Tried to beat for 10 minutes, yeah, right. This got so stiff, and impossible to move after 3 minutes. Gritty and yucky. Taste was good, but this is not something I'd be proud to share, as it is written.