Recipe by alcobaca
This is a quick recipe for making a pot pie without a lot of hassle. Also tastes great the day after.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons cold milk
- 10 ounces of perdue shortcuts chicken, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and salt and fork mix it.
- Gradually add shortening or butter.
- Once it's combined add 1 tablespoon at a time of milk until dough forms.
- Form a ball and put in refrigerator.
- Heat up broth in large pan and add potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.
- When they start to soften, add the chopped chicken and let simmer until the broth simmers down to nothing.
- In a medium rectangle pyrex, mix cream of chicken soup and cup of milk.
- Add the vegetables and chicken that simmered.
- pour in the peas.
- Take out the dough and flatten with your hands, dusting with powder to keep it from sticking.
- When it is at least the length and width of the pyrex, lay it on top of the mixture.
- Poke it with a fork.
- Put it in a preheated oven at 375.
- Bake for half an hour or until the dough hardens and starts to slightly brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.