Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A decandent dessert option that I found online. The combination of pears and cinnamon is great.
Make and share this Upside-Down Pear and Gingerbread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 50 g butter
- 90 g soft brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves, drained
- 8 pecan halves
- 60 g shortening
- 120 g flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 90 g golden syrup
- 120 g soft brown sugar
- 115 ml milk, soured with
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a small pan, then add the brown sugar. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into the base of a 8x8 in square cake tin. Place the pears on top, cut side down, positioning a pecan nut in each pear cavity.
- Melt the shortening and leave it to cool. Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and spices together three times then put them in a bowl.
- Break the egg into a second bowl, beat lightly then blend in the golden syrup, brown sugar, soured milk and shortening.
- Stir into the dry ingredients then, with a wooden spoon, beat for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Pour on top of the pears.
- Bake the gingerbread for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, loosen from the sides and invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.