This is an excellent cake, it is absolutely delicious, and tastes great.
Make and share this Upside Down German Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water (or as called for by cake directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by cake directions)
- 3 large eggs (or as called for by cake directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar (3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Spread coconut evenly on bottom of pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions on box. Pour over coconut and pecans.
- Combine cream cheese and melted butter in a medium mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar; beat until blended and smooth.
- Drop by spoonfuls evenly over cake batter. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted halfway to bottom of cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan. To serve, cut into individual pieces; turn upside down onto plate.