1/4 Photos of Upside Down German Chocolate Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is an excellent cake, it is absolutely delicious, and tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (chopped)
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water (or as called for by cake directions)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by cake directions)
- 3 large eggs (or as called for by cake directions)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar (3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 2Spread coconut evenly on bottom of pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3Prepare cake mix according to directions on box. Pour over coconut and pecans.
- 4Combine cream cheese and melted butter in a medium mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar; beat until blended and smooth.
- 5Drop by spoonfuls evenly over cake batter. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted halfway to bottom of cake comes out clean.
- 6Cool completely in pan. To serve, cut into individual pieces; turn upside down onto plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Upside Down German Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 687.5
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 406.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 59.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g