Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love stuffed cabbage, but am usually too lazy to make it, too complicated. this recipe has the same tastes with less work.
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 lb ground round or 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice, not instant
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chopped cabbage in bottom of 8x8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brown meat and onions together and drain off all fat.
- Stir in rice and salt and pepper.
- Place meat and rice mixture over cabbage in baking dish.
- Mix soup and water together and pour over meat and cabbage mixture.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover pan for the last 10 minutes.
- Can double recipe and bake in 13x9 pan, bake uncover for 1 hour 30 minutes, uncover for last 10 minutes.
I love cabbage rolls, but like many other people to lazy to make them! This recipe was simple and delicious! My picky little 4 year old ate 2 helpings and then said he was going to have more "the next day"! (I did add a little cheese on top to get my kids to eat it easier) Thank you for a simple, healthy, delicious recipe.
So so easy - and as good as the real thing!!! Added some tabasco to spice it up. Thanks Manda! :)
We had this for dinner tonight. GREAT recipe. I love stuffed cabbage, but didnt have the time to make it - this was a delicious alternative. Will make this again and again !