Recipe by nancyal
This was a recipe I got from Wegmans grocery stores in our area. It tastes even better reheated.
Top Review by ceashel
This recipe sounded so good, but we ended up just tossing it out and going out for fast food. I followed the recipe as is, but my rice never seemed to stop being crunchy. I tried adding more water, a can of tomato soup, anything to give it more liquid to cook the rice, but to no avail. It ended up cooking for over an hour and by then the cabbage was unrecognizable. If I were to attempt this recipe again I would use either cooked rice or instant and save the cabbage until the last 10 minutes or so.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet on low heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add rice, sauce, cabbage, and water.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring this up to a boil, lower heat and cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Being Italian, I usually use my own homemade sauce when I make this.
- I just measure 26 oz.