We love the traditional stuffed bell pepper dish. In fact, I have a stuffed pepper recipe already posted. Last night however, I didn't want to go thru all the work of stuffing the two large peppers I had on hand, so I decided to wing it and simplify it. The following is what I came up with and is not only delicious but effortless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I prefer the brand that uses plum tomatoes)
- 2 large green bell peppers, corded, seeded and coarsely chopped (or 3 to 4 medium)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- dried Italian seasoning, to taste
- cooked rice
- parmesan cheese
- 1Brown ground meat and onion.
- 2Drain. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- 3Add crushed tomatoes and green pepper.
- 4Cover and simmer until peppers are tender crisp (approx. 20 minutes).
- 5Serve over cooked rice.
- 6Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 503.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 23.6 g