Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the back of an Uncle Ben's Natural Whole Grain Brown Rice package.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncle ben's natural whole grain brown rice
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips.
- Heat 5-qt sauce pan with tight fitting lid over medium-high heat. Spray pan with non-stick spray and add chicken. Cook until chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, red bell pepper, and chili powder. Mix well and continue to cook 2 minutes more.
- Add rice, water, salsa, and corn. Mix well and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, top with cilantro and keep covered 5 minutes more or until ready to serve.