Recipe by yooper
On my "must try" list. From the current issue of "Taste of Home." Credit for this goes to Glenda Malan.
Top Review by Malriah
The smell while cooking is enough to drive one batty! When it comes out of the oven, the top is browned so perfectly that it should have its picture taken and the FLAVOR, don't even get me started! I can say that my boyfriend actually said more than "this is okay". He actually said "this is pretty good". That in itself is a major accomplishment! This is a great recipe! Thanks
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a shallow 1-1/2 quart baking dish with the butter; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic.
- cook just until bubbles begin to form around sides of pan.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels.
- Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until poatotes are tender.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.