Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dip is different from other layer dips because it is baked and served warm for incomparable flavor! This is the mild version I prefer, but feel free to add tobasco or hot thick and chunky salsa.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen guacamole, defrosted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup medium thick & chunky salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green and white parts scallion, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup jumbo pitted ripe olives, sliced in thirds
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Combine taco seasoning with refried beans and spread over the bottom of a glass pie plate.
- Combine Tabasco sauce with guacomole and spread over the refried beans layer, going all the way to the edge of the pie plate.
- Spread salsa and sour cream separately over previous layers of dip, going out to the edge of the pie plate with each ingredient. Sprinkle on green onions.
- Sprinkle on chopped olives, making a pattern if desired (olives will show through scallions and cheese) and finish by sprinkling cheese as a top layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm with Restaurant Style Tostitos chips (Scooper chips are too salty).