Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dip is different from other layer dips because it is baked and served warm for incomparable flavor! This is the mild version I prefer, but feel free to add tobasco or hot thick and chunky salsa.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen guacamole, defrosted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup medium thick & chunky salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green and white parts scallion, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup jumbo pitted ripe olives, sliced in thirds
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Combine taco seasoning with refried beans and spread over the bottom of a glass pie plate.
- Combine Tabasco sauce with guacomole and spread over the refried beans layer, going all the way to the edge of the pie plate.
- Spread salsa and sour cream separately over previous layers of dip, going out to the edge of the pie plate with each ingredient. Sprinkle on green onions.
- Sprinkle on chopped olives, making a pattern if desired (olives will show through scallions and cheese) and finish by sprinkling cheese as a top layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve warm with Restaurant Style Tostitos chips (Scooper chips are too salty).