Recipe by canadianchocoholic
This is my Great Grandmother's recipe. It is a family favorite for breakfasts. Make sure not to over-mix it or they won't be flaky. Delicious!
Top Review by Baby Kato
OMG these biscuits are amazing. Crisp, tender, light, flaky and of so flavorful. I am in biscuit heaven, these are perfect, just the way I enjoy my biscuits. I didn't change a thing. This recipe is quick and easy to make with great results. The biscuits were incredible served with pulled pork and equally as delicious with butter and jam. Thank you for sharing my new go too, biscuit recipe. Kudos on making it into my Favorites of 2011. Made for Fall Pac - 2011.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter with pastry cutter or two knives.
- Stir in milk and egg together.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean counter and knead dough briefly.
- Roll out dough, not too thin.
- With round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter or jam. Enjoy!