Upside-Down Caramel-Apple Biscuits
photo by Julie Bs Hive
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 6 cups sliced peeled granny smith apples (about 4 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can pillsbury grands flaky layers butter refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook butter and caramel topping over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and bubbly.
- Stir in brown sugar and apples.
- Cook over medium-high heat 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, spray 8 (10-ounce) custard cups or 8 (12-ounce) ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pecans in each cup.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup caramel-apple mixture evenly over pecans in each cup.
- Separate biscuits; gently stretch each biscuit until large enough to cover caramel-apple mixture.
- Place biscuits on top of caramel-apple mixture in each cup.
- Place cups on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place cups on cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
- Place heatproof serving plate upside down on each cup; carefully turn plate and cup over to remove cakes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMG! These are so delicious and sinful! I made these at the cottage last weekend for Dh and myself. The neighbors stopped over sniffing so we all had a delectable treat! My goodness this is soooooo simple to make from refrigerator staples. I used empire instead of grannysmith apples as that is what grows on our trees. MOM keep these recipes coming! I cannot believe how these tasted using biscuits. Who'd a thunk it? I plan to make these again and again as it is apple season here. I am drooling just writing the review. lol I also am going to try this recipe with the apple pie mix I froze to see how it adjusts with partially cooked apples. DH wants these to take to the office tomorrow so he is atually picking a few more apples for me today so I can make these for his Saturday staff at the office. I laughed and asked will hey really get some or re you just trying to get more and me smiled. I guess 2 batches are in order. YUMMY! Made for AUS/NZ Swap Sept 11