photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour and sugar.
- Grate cold butter into bowl and mix until crumbly.
- Mix together egg and milk. Add to bowl and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn onto floured board and knead 3 to 4 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out with a 3 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking stone or sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!