Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just love double chocolate cookies especially when their ultimate taste touches my taste buds.
Make and share this Ultimate Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided (two 12-oz . pkgs.)
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- MELT 2 cups morsels in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in remaining morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 8 to 9 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes to cool.
These really did turn out delicous...I did use splenda for the granulated sugar and reduced the brown sugar to 2/3 C-I also only used 1 cup of PB chips to stir in at the end. I expected the 2 cups of melted chips in the dough would really help to sweeten the cookie and I was correct because these treats really came out just lovely! Thanks so much for posting...will be making these again.
My boys loved these cookies, which we made, due to lack of other ingredients on hand, with peanut butter chocolate chips added at the end instead of semi-sweet. Excellent!
This wonderful recipe just got even better using 1/2 choc. chips and 1/2 raspberry choc. chips......oh my!