Mexican Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This was posted in our local newspaper, The Wenatchee World. A little change of pace and different from the every day chocolate chip cookie.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb dark chocolate, chopped coarse
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together four, cocoa powder, cinnamon, soda, salt & pepper. Set aside. In double boiler, melt together chopped chocolate & butter.** Let cool slightly.
- In mixer, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Beat on medium until combined. On low, gradually add dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use 1 1/2" cookie scoop. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake on parchment lined sheets, 2" apart, at 325°F for about 15 minutes. They should look flat with cracked surfaces but soft in texture. Let cool on the parchment on wire racks. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- ** If melting in microwave, do it gradually, being careful not to let it get too hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more