Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Baked white and wild rice, with marinated artichoke hearts.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 small onion
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, slivered
- In a skillet heat oil, add wild rice and onion cook over medium heat until rice is coated and onion is softened, 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to oven proof (8 cup) casserole dish that has a lid.
- Add chicken stock cover dish and bake in 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Add long grain rice, butter and salt, stir well.
- Cover and return to oven for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1 tbsp of marinade.
- Halve hearts add to rice along with reserved marinade and red pepper.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes to heat thoroughly.
We are very fond of rice and am constantly looking for new recipes. Everyone gave this one the thumbs up! I made as posted as well as without the artichokes (needed to restock those artichokes!) It was a wonderful Pilaf and one I will make again ... and again! Thank you calee.