Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was on a Wilmington, NC website and submitted by Trace Campbell of TN.
Make and share this Twice Baked Potato Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 medium potatoes, baked
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and dice (use boneless skinless)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb cooked bacon (optional)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- shredded cheese, 2-4 types of your choice
- 2 cups melted butter (try less for a healthier version)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 365.
- Remove fluff from potatoes and season them.
- In an 8 x 11 nonstick pan begin layering with chicken as the bottom layer.
- Alternate remaining ingredients, ending with cheese on the top.
- Drizzle on the butter.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
What a interesting recipe! I tweaked it a bit and added and omitted a few things to our taste. I felt that 2 cups of butter was way to much so I subbed Cream of Chicken Soup in its place and omitted the sour cream as I didn't have any on hand. I added some diced green bell pepper and onion and I took 14 small pepperoni slices and diced up and added in the meat mixture. I put all the meats in a bowl and added McCormicks Chicken Montreal Seasoning, about 2Tbs melted butter with 1/2tsp of minced garlic and dash of Italian Dressing Seasoning Dry Mix and mixed all together, then added in layers as stated in the recipe. I used a mixed cheddar cheeses in the layers and Italian cheeses on top. I served some garlic bread along side. Made for a nice dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe!