Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
I love Twice Baked Potatoes and this version makes it so much easier to enjoy with my whole family of 6.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled quartered
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 3 quart shallow baking dish with non-stick spray. Cook potatoes in water to cover for 20 - 25 minutes, until tender when pierced. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
- Add butter to potatoes, mash with a potato masher until smooth. Stir in 2 cups cheese, milk, sour cream and eggs until blended.
- Then add 1/2 cup onions, half of the bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until top is light golden. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good, the quartered potatoes took longer than 25 minutes to get soft, I was in a rush so I nuked them for a bit and then they were good to go. Husband asked for twice baked potatoes and I made these, he said they are better than twice baked potatoes so it's definitely a make again recipe. Could take or leave the bacon, think I'll do without next time.<br/>Update: as another suggested, I steamed the potatoes first to cook them the next time I made them, way quicker and still easy. I leave the skins on and just use a stick blender to get it mashed really well. Like I thought, it's just fine without the bacon and we prefer it without.