Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Twice Baked Ham and Cheese Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- paprika or parsley flakes, for garnish
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour until soft.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out insides, leaving a firm shell.
- Place potato pulp, cheddar cheese, milk, ham, sour cream, onion salt, pepper, and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at high speed until smooth.
- Fill potato shells with mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with paprika or parsley.
I never had anything like this before, and we really loved it! Nothing better than cheese and potatoes in my book!
Great flavour! I did find the stuffing to be a bit softer than I like and will probably cut down the amount of milk and sour cream next time, but that is personal preference. I didn't have regular sour cream, so I used french onion flavoured sour cream, which added a great taste to it. I also reserved some of the cheese to melt on top. I will definitely make these again though!