Recipe by Minxkat1
This recipe was handed down from my Mother who has been making it as long as I can remember. I usually serve it with ham, but it's versatile enough for any meat, or sweet enough to be served as a dessert. Cooking time is the chilling time in this recipe.
Top Review by sugarpea
I'd give this dressing 10 stars if allowed. It's wonderful and I can't think of any fruit that wouldn't be enhanced by it. I skipped the marshmallows and cherries and used fat free topping. Great dessert!
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, cut up (canned is fine, make sure to drain first)
- 1 cup whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you prefer)
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed & drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (the colored ones are prettier)
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, vinegar and sugar in the top of double boiler, heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat, add butter, stirring until incorporated.
- Pour into large, preferably glass bowl.
- Put into fridge and chill thoroughly- about 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix and put back into the fridge for 24 hours.
- Decorate with marashino cherries.