25 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was handed down from my Mother who has been making it as long as I can remember. I usually serve it with ham, but it's versatile enough for any meat, or sweet enough to be served as a dessert. Cooking time is the chilling time in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, cut up (canned is fine, make sure to drain first)
- 1 cup whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you prefer)
- 2 cups pineapple, cubed & drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (the colored ones are prettier)
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry
- 1Mix eggs, vinegar and sugar in the top of double boiler, heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- 2Remove from heat, add butter, stirring until incorporated.
- 3Pour into large, preferably glass bowl.
- 4Put into fridge and chill thoroughly- about 1 hour.
- 5Add the rest of the ingredients, mix and put back into the fridge for 24 hours.
- 6Decorate with marashino cherries.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twenty Four Hour Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 62.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: