A delightful summer main dish. The cakes can be made ahead and frozen. Make small cakes to serve as an appetizer. This recipe is from our special friends - Ray and Anita. They were our next door neighbors for 23 years. Our children grew up with 2 sets of parents.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- chopped tomato, garnish optional
- Whisk together 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tbls mustard and garlic, cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, mayo, egg, pesto, 2 tsp mustard, tomato, and onion.
- Make 8 patties (cakes) using 1/3 cup of mixture for each and coat lightly with remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook cakes until golden brown on both sides and drain on paper towels.
- Combine salad greens and dressing and divide among 4 serving plates.
- Add 2 chicken cakes to each plate, top with Golden Aioli and garnish with tomato.
I just loved this recipe, the flavours blend so well. The golden Aioli is just great. I thought it may have been too sweet but it was perfect. I have already made little appetizer cakes and put them in the freezer at work, I know our clients will love them.