Spicy Chicken Cakes With Horseradish Aioli
photo by KathyP53
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces sliced whole wheat bread (2 slices)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- olive oil, for skillet
- Plce bread in a food processor. Pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs. Measure 1 cup (you can freeze extra crumbs for later use). Set crumbs aside.
- Place chicken in food processor; pulse until ground. Combine chicken, chives, 3 tablespoons mayo, seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt, egg whites, and bread crumbs in a medium bowl. Mix well (mixture will be wet). Divide into 8 equal portions (or six for chicken burgers), shaping each into a 1/2" thick patty.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add patties; cook 7 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Combine 2 tbsp mayo, horseradish, and garlic in a small bowl. Serve with cakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!