Recipe by Sherri L.
My mother loves turtle cheesecake and this is a recipe I adapted to suit her taste.
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 21 ounces caramels (1-1/2 bags)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces evaporated milk (1-1/2 cans)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Melt 14 ounces (1 bag) of the caramels with 5 ounces of the evaporated milk over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the melted caramels over the crust. Top this with 1 cup of pecans.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs one at a time. Mix until just blended after each addition. Pour batter over pecans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; return cake to oven to cool slowly. Cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To finish melt remaining caramels with remaining evaporated milk as describe previously drizzle over the top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle remaining pecans over caramel.
- Melt remaining dark chocolate chips in double boiler. Drizzle over pecans. Melt white chocolate chips in double boiler. Drizzle over dark chocolate. Return to refrigerator to set (hint if this is too rich for you, you can cut the toppings in half).