Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake
photo by Cutec507
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 25mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups thin chocolate wafer crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup caramel topping
- Note: To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until pecans begin to brown, then stirring constantly until light brown.
- For cheesecake, heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wrap foil around outside bottom and side of 9-inch springform pan to prevent drips.
- Spray bottom and 1 inch up side of pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture on bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
- Bake crust 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Cool at room temperature 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Gradually beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake.
- Turn oven off, open oven door at least 4 inches.
- Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Just before serving, sprinkle pecans over top of cheesecake.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and oil uncovered on high 1 minute to 1 minute, 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over pecans.
- To serve, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake, carefully remove side of pan.
- Drizzle caramel topping over each serving.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was AMAZING and a complete hit at Thanksgiving. Turtle Cheese Cake is my husband and I's FAVORITE dessert, and I wanted to do something with pumpkin, so naturally I had to try this. I've never made a cheesecake before, and this was very easy. Thank you SO very much for this posting, I will be making this again! Also, on a side note, this dish is PERFECT with Butter Pecan Icecream (because the cake is SO rich).
DELICIOUS! I used Sweet POtato (1 1/2 cups) instead of pumpkin since I live in Sweet Potato Country! YUMMY! I did a couple of tweaks to make it even easier, and it tastes just like I bought it at the baker's! I used premade graham cracker crusts (makes 2 of them with one recipe) and just put 1/2 cup of semi sweet Nestle chocolate chips on them after they finished cooking. ONce cool, I put caramel and toasted pecans. BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS!!!!!!!! I lessened the cook time since I split the filling to 1 hour, then followed the rest exactly! You WON'T be disappointed with this one.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!