Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like I mentioned in my Bio, my mom wrote a cookbook back in 1984. It was a combination cookbook/biography. I have my own copy which is a really good thing - sad to say my mom doesn't cook anymore. Anyway, this is ONE of my many favorites that I make ALL the time. I don't mess with this recipe because you just don't mess with perfection!!!
- 3 onions, cut into cresents
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 large potatoes, cut into chunks
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions in olive oil until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low to med heat, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender.
So very simple, healthy, easy to prepare, full of natural flavour! I did use a 410 gr can of tomatoes, since I didn't have any fresh, so counted the juice as my cup of tomato sauce, and added a tblsp of tomato paste instead. I used this as a side-dish to chicken schnitzel for the family, although I very happily had this as my main. Thank you Daniele, lovely recipe! Made for My-3-Chefs, November 2008