Turkish Green Beans
The Zaar World Tour has me searching high and low for new recipes from all corners of the globe. This is an untried recipe by the simplicity and unusual inclusion of yogurt as a sauce for the beans appeals to me.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- 8 8 ounces lima beans (frozen should work) or 8 ounces fava beans (frozen should work)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Clean and trim green beans to 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the onions and cook until lightly browned. Add the parsley, marjoram and broad beans. Sprinkle with salt and cook gently for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- Add water and green beans, reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt.
- When the beans are cooked, stir in the yoghurt and cook for a minute.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation