Recipe by justcallmetoni
The Zaar World Tour has me searching high and low for new recipes from all corners of the globe. This is an untried recipe by the simplicity and unusual inclusion of yogurt as a sauce for the beans appeals to me.
Top Review by rpgaymer
These green beans were surprisingly good. As I was cooking the dish, I was apprehensive about it as the flavors weren't working for me. Luckily, it tasted great at the end, although my yogurt did curdle a bit. I also served this with your turkey kibbeh, and the two dishes really went well together.
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs marjoram
- 8 ounces shelled broad beans (frozen should work) or 8 ounces lima beans (frozen should work) or 8 ounces fava beans (frozen should work)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and trim green beans to 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan, add the onions and cook until lightly browned. Add the parsley, marjoram and broad beans. Sprinkle with salt and cook gently for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- Add water and green beans, reduce the heat and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt.
- When the beans are cooked, stir in the yoghurt and cook for a minute.
- Serve immediately.