Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy comfort food that makes 2 small cake pans. Freeze the second pan.
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup peas, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, sliced thickly
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl, gently mix bread, pepper, marjoram, sage, lemon zest, mushrooms, peas, butter, and chicken broth.
- Put celery and onion in microwave safe bowl, cover with cling wrap, and microwave about 5 minutes, add to bread mixture.
- Spray two 8 inch square pans with cooking spray.
- Divide the bread mixture between the two pans.
- Mix mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in bowl, stir in turkey, put onto bread mixture.
- Blend milk and soup in medium bowl; pour half over each pan.
- Divide cheese between pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- OR cover with foil, label, and freeze and later defrost in fridge for 24 hours.