Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Light & Tasty
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- In a large, heavy pot coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink, drain.
- Add zucchini and carrot, cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, pasta sauce, beans, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, pepper and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain.
- Just before serving, stir in pasta.