Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a very nice dinner option. I love the look of this and serve this to dinner guests all the time. Its always very well received.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (1 lb) fresh turkey tenderloins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove all but 1 T. bacon drippings from skillet; reserve drippings for brushing on tenderloins.
- To bacon drippings and bacon in skillet, add onion and celery; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stuffing mix and broth; mix well.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- To butterfly turkey tenderloin, starting at long side, cut tenderloin in half horizontally, cutting almost but NOT completely through.
- Open tenderloin and flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining tenderloin.
- Spoon stuffing onto cut side of 1 tenderloin.
- Place second tenderloin, cut side down, over stuffing.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Brush outer surface with reserved bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with hickory smoke salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- When ready to grill place stuffed tenderloin on grill for indirect cooking.
- Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 185°F, turning twice and brushing with bacon drippings.
- Remove toothpicks.
- To serve, cut into slices.