Recipe by KelBel
This is from foodtv's Calorie Commando.A great low fat, high fiber turkey chili that uses mexican chocolate for depth of flavor. Tastes better the next day.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, coarsely chopped
- 2 links turkey sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped mexican chocolate
- 2 cups merlot
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large saucepan or Dutch oven with a few sprays of the oil spray. Add onion and saute over medium-high heat until tender.
- Add chipotles, sausage, seasonings, beans, tomatoes, chocolate, and wine.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 to 40 minutes. Stir in cilantro and cheese just until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.